Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On My Radar…

Hope everyone had a wonderful start to your week! I have been traveling, but wanted to share some things on my radar:

◦I’m pretty sure Freja Beha’s fans are happy that their star has finally appeared on the runway. Can you believe that even though she did not walk in New York and Milan in February, Freja was still the Most Viewed Model on tfs? On a side note, I was quite pleased to also learn that my darling was in the top 80 although she didn’t walk as many shows. I am very unhappy with designers and casting directors this season. It is nothing personal, but I want to see her on the runway. You are wasting magnificent legs and a fine boss lady walk.
◦Yesterday, John Galliano was fired from Dior… How is everyone feeling?
◦Thanks to Audrey Magazine for such a nice post about me and my photos of Asian Models Off Duty! You are too kind in your words! I don’t think I can live up to them, but I do promise to continue to be myself and keep to my ethics and values. So thank you!
◦And last but not least, the guys at Modellounge, who have been very gracious to me, created this video of the models of NYFW introducing themselves by name and origins! Check it out!!!
If you have links, posts, articles, shout-outs, etc. that have featured me or the blog, please do share so I can thank you personally! I figure if you actually took the time writing and thinking of me, I want to take some time to thank you. I have been notified a lot lately that I have some very kind and humble supporters in regards to this blog. Introduce yourself! Don’t be shy! To be honest, I have not realized (or simply I had ignored and closed my eyes) until after this fashion week that this blog means something to some people around the world, not always necessarily the photos themselves but the perspective. Well, I am glad you enjoyed in some kind of way!

And to be even more honest, much of the photography is horrible, and most of the time, I feel my street photos lack style. There are photos of lots of underrated models that are not so great because I quickly snapped them but wanted to share them anyway to expose you model followers to new girls. And of course, I have photos that I have not shared because it is just not the right time nor place yet.

I think by now, it is obvious that I am still trying to figure out my stance and direction because my photos do not follow just one particular style or theme. And maybe that is just me and my erratic and spontaneous habits. I guess I can’t really change myself to fit standards I don’t live by. I have been exposing myself finally to some other blogs, and I don’t know if I should feel happy or blah that my camera and lenses don’t even cost half as much as the ones of most of the other people who shoot models and style. It is actually true. Bet a lot of you didn’t know that. Maybe there will be a fairy godmother that will support this non-profit junkie who often chooses to follow his passion, ethics, and values and not money.

I started this blog for my own personal reasons. And it has changed and evolved randomly from a personal public journal to a visual diary of some of the most beautiful women in the world. I do miss some of the personal aspects of that part of the blog, but it seems to not fit in well anymore. Maybe, I will create a different space to spill out my feelings, because although it has been almost two years, I am still feeling pain about the lost of my angel. I know it takes time to heal, but it seems that I can never fully heal from such a tragedy. And those details are just not suitable here on this blog for those who are here simply for models and inspirational photos. Am I right? Anyway, April is coming soon, and I will be turning another year older in addition to mourning Ann’s death. Ironically, she died the same month I was born. Life is so, so funny!

Lastly, I have added a disclaimer on top of the blog that I will follow up on later. I would like those who are reading to think about what that all means.

Once again, I want to thank you all for your support, love, and kindness. I do not make money off of the blog and the photos I post, this is just out of love, and the love you have returned have been worth more than any cent I will ever see. So, thank you! You are very appreciated!

I want to hear your opinions and thoughts, especially if you have read this entire long post, on any of the topics on my radar! So, feel free to voice yourself!

Beautiful regards,

Bonae

(via http://blog.bonaelamour.com/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment